Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Display of Coordinate Systems on Drawing

Does any one know of a way to display a coordinate system on a drawing where the result of an exported drawing gives you a fixed size coordinate system with labels. I found that by displaying the coordinates systems and exporting the drawing as a PDF a fixed size version (without labels) is created. Though I have found no way to adjust its size or the ability to show axis labels. And I have no idea what size it will be until it is exported.

The image shown below is the export result where I placed labels by hand, but had to guess and then readjust after the first export in order to get the labels near the axes. The second image is what you see from the NX display of the drawing.

csys1.png

csys.png

3 REPLIES

Re: Display of Coordinate Systems on Drawing

You could try double clicking the CSYS in NX to open the edit dialog. Then, under 'Settings' set the scale to the same scale as your PDF will export.  Adjusting these values will probably get you close to what you require.

Unfortunately the size setting of the CSYS seen in the drawing view seems to be unrelated to the size of the CSYS in the PDF. The display of the CSYS in the drawing view will adjust and scale as you zoom in and out, so there's also no way to know the size of it based on the display in the drawing.

If, right before export to PDF, you set the view scale to the same scale as the PDF you are creating, this may help the issue.  (Menu -> View -> Operation -> Zoom)