Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display of Coordinate Systems on Drawing

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Does any one know of a way to display a coordinate system on a drawing where the result of an exported drawing gives you a fixed size coordinate system with labels. I found that by displaying the coordinates systems and exporting the drawing as a PDF a fixed size version (without labels) is created. Though I have found no way to adjust its size or the ability to show axis labels. And I have no idea what size it will be until it is exported.

The image shown below is the export result where I placed labels by hand, but had to guess and then readjust after the first export in order to get the labels near the axes. The second image is what you see from the NX display of the drawing.

csys1.png

csys.png

6 REPLIES

Re: Display of Coordinate Systems on Drawing

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

You could try double clicking the CSYS in NX to open the edit dialog. Then, under 'Settings' set the scale to the same scale as your PDF will export.  Adjusting these values will probably get you close to what you require.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Unfortunately the size setting of the CSYS seen in the drawing view seems to be unrelated to the size of the CSYS in the PDF. The display of the CSYS in the drawing view will adjust and scale as you zoom in and out, so there's also no way to know the size of it based on the display in the drawing.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

If, right before export to PDF, you set the view scale to the same scale as the PDF you are creating, this may help the issue.  (Menu -> View -> Operation -> Zoom)

Experimenter
Experimenter

If you create a saved WCS (Menu > Format > WCS > Save) this will show up on a PDF of a drawing with axis labels.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Nice! I'll have to remember that one. Solves one issue which was the axes labels.
Now if only Siemens would allow resizing of the length of the axes and be able to see the axis arrow heads.

Thank you!

Phenom
Phenom
@Corey1776,

While it's not as simple as working with a CSYS placed in the model, you could create a Custom Symbol with text that is able to be edited if this is going to be something you do often. The Custom Symbol can be scaled, etc. You could place the Custom Symbol where ever you need it and the symbol's origin can be snapped to objects quite easily like a point of a Datum CSYS.
-Tim