Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the routing application create wave links?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello, I am having an issue with a model that was made by using the routing application in NX. The issue is that, there are several components in a sub-assembly that seem to be wave linked to the parent. The parent for some reason is it's own component with it's children underneath it. This shouldn't be, as it is throwing off my colume count.

If I loook at how the assembly in question was made in the part navigator, there is no sign that any of the components where wave linked to the parent. All that is present is a "fixture port" that was made by the routing application. I am wondering of somebody knows if the routing application does something similar to wave linking. Otherwise, I have no idea why parent is coming up as it's own component.

4 REPLIES

Re: Does the routing application create wave links?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Routing will WAVE link geometry from other components if you had selected features of those components when defining your routing path.

Larry Carpenter, P.E.
CAxPLM Architect @ Siemens Molecular Imaging
Past Board Member @ PLM World, Inc,

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Okay, so is there anyway to tell which components are WAVE linked besides through trial and error? It dosen't show you in the part navigator. Also, is there a way to remove the WAVE links without changing the topology of the model?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Sure. Same method as any other WAVE linked features; features that begin with 'Linked' in the feature name in the Part Navigator Tree (e.g. Linked Face).  Then viewing the properties of the linked feature shows the defining part, feature, etc.

If you don't want WAVE links in your routing model, delete them.  You'll lose any parametric routing path information as a result so if the other component moves, your routing path will not.

Larry Carpenter, P.E.
CAxPLM Architect @ Siemens Molecular Imaging
Past Board Member @ PLM World, Inc,

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Well I don't know why but there are no Linked components listed in my Part Navigator. There is only a "Port Fixture". Do you know why this may be?