Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double circle in positioning ANT column

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

Starting NX 9 I've found double circle in positioning ANT column. I thought to an implementation to help user that with more arrangement, NX say that components position can have different degree of freedom.

But I've new assembly without arrangement that have double circle.

Can someone give me a motivation ?

double circle.png

Thank you...

Using NX 11 / RuleDesigner PDM

7 REPLIES

Re: Double circle in positioning ANT column

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Here are three good pages to start with.

Icon Dispaly

Isolated Information

Isolated Information - More

Scott

Phenom
Phenom

Hi Scott,

I've understand, but reading the help I've found 'You cannot remove or delete isolated positions or isolated position overrides. The only ways to get rid of them are to delete the isolated arrangement or to delete the components where isolated positions or isolated position overrides are applied.'

In my assembly, I don't have isolated arrangement, only the 'Arrangement 1 (Default)' and I don't have  sequencing. 

I'm not able to put components into 'Shared position'.

Solution, also via journal ?

Thank you...

Siemens Phenom

Sorry, I am not sure what can be done as I never run into this situation before. Has anyone else seen this before or have a solution?

Scott

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I have same issue.

Only option I came up with is this change in Customer Defaults: (Use Component Properties)

This stops the double circle on new assemblies.

Still no solution for removing double circles already there.

asm.jpg

Phenom
Phenom

This option came as standard in Customer Default.

Thank you...

Siemens Phenom

Hi @cubalibre00,

I reproduced the behavior using the Toy Car assembly supplied with NX.

(view in My Videos)

While an assembly may have no arrangements (except for the Default Arrangement), you can still make constraints Arrangement-Specific.  In doing so any components affected by those constraints also become arrangement-specific.  Setting the constraint back to 'shared' does not set the components back to shared.  All you can do is delete the constraints and then manually set the components back to shared.  This was reported in PR 7433466 and closed as Designed.  Please consider contacting GTAC to submit a new ER to change this behavior.

Regards, Ben

Siemens Phenom
What Ben says is correct, but I wanted to add one more thing. It has always been working this way. Also before NX 9.0. But it just wasn't displayed, making it possible you had position independable components without knowing it. Making it dangerous.
Now with the double ring icon, you can actually see that it's position independable.

Kind regards,

Dennis
Dennis de Brouwer
Application Support Engineer
GTAC EMEA - Siemens Industry Software