Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drafting Views Outside of Sheet

Pioneer
Pioneer

Does anyone know of a way to move a drafting view outside of the sheet boundary and still have it be visable, selectable and dimensionable?  I have drawing views that I have a large scale factor on and when dimensioning between views that are on different sheets it would be helpful to copy certain views to areas outside of the drawing sheet to help dimension other views.

Mark

4 REPLIES

Re: Drafting Views Outside of Sheet

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Have you tried using 'Move / Copy View'?

You can put a copy of the view on a different sheet and use it as desired.  Then, delete the copy.

Pioneer
Pioneer
Yes, I know about that however the problem is that I want to have the view outside of the sheet workspace and it is not visible there. I will try to post a screenshot tomorrow to clarify.

Mark

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

you cannot create a view outside the drawing sheet boundry.

however, you can copy the curves and dimensions and place it outside the sheet.

just select all of the curves and dimensions inside the view boundry (do not include the view boundry in the selection)

right click and copy, then paste. you can place the copied dimensions and curves anywhere in the viewer.

see image for reference.

views outside the sheet boundry.JPG

this copied curves are editable, visible, and dimensionable.

hope this helps.

-Sen

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Another method I have used is to TEMPORARILY enlarge the sheet size using Edit -> Sheet.

This lets you move the views where you want.  Just resize the sheet when you are done.