Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing: How to get views from components

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello community,

on my PC/NX installation I can choose from views that are defined in a component one step below my part I want to make a drawing from. (see picture 3.jpg). The views coming from that component that's just one step below all have names marked with a "*" (star) -sign as the first letter of the name.

On my colleague's PC/NX installation these views are not shown. It is the same part and he cannot choose the view "*VIEW_12°". He only sees the views without the "*" (see 4.jpg).

How can we make his NX to let him choose from these *-marked views as well?

Many thanks for your help.

3 REPLIES

Re: Drawing: How to get views from components

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
Do your colleague's have the same load options?
Can be possible that when the part is not fully loaded you don't can see all the model views.

Ruud van den Brand
Pre-sales NX CAD
cards PLM Solutions

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Here is a similar question (with answers) from eng-tips:

http://www.eng-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=361263

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Are you really using NX10?  You'll only see the views with the asterisk if the drawing has one distinct child part, and only when that child is fully loaded.  I was able to reproduce this in NX6 but not NX9 or NX10 (the version you tagged).

EDIT:

Per the variable discussed in the eng-tips thread this behavior is possible in NX8 onwards.  The variable is considered undocument and since it enables functionality from 5 major versions ago expect any unexpected results to be unsupported.  At this point you should familiarize yourself with the new behavior/functionality (similar to how the ribbon UI can no longer be disabled in NX11).

Regards, Ben