Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing booklet - customized drawing template

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello,

I would like to insert customized drawing sheets into the drawing booklet. I had placed my own customized templates into the

C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 11.0\DRAFTING\automation\templates

folder but I could not choose these templates when I started the drawing booklet wizard.

Is there any palette file I have to update? Or what is the correct method?

Thanks for your help,

Zsolt

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Drawing booklet - customized drawing template

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

What is displayed in the "new" dialogs is conrolled by the .PAX files in (for NX11)

%UGII_BASE_DIR%\UGII\templates

(for NX12 some of them are moved to other folders)

- ugs_drawing_templates.pax: controls "File -> New -> Drawing" tab (creating a new master-model drawing part)

- ugs_sheet_templates.pax: controls what is available in when creating a new drawing _sheet_ in the existing part

The "nxdm_*" variants of those files are used to control what is seen in Teamcenter.

If you are going to modify things, I would suggest you download the "NXCustom" environment for NX11 - see here for all NX versions:

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/NX-Programming-Customization-Forum/NXcustom-Utilitie...

Read the "readme" files to understand what is going on.

You can put this on a network drive, and all users will then see the same customizations.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Re: Drawing booklet - customized drawing template

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello,

Thanks for the reply, but my question was not refer to the general templates. I already have the templates and the two pax files.

I'm trying out the Drawing automation - Drawing Booklet and I would like to put those customized templates into the palette of Create Drawing Booklet Wizard.

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nx/11/nx_help#uid:id1368022

7./Tip says to modify the Automation_OOTB_Rule.cxx by adding the customized templates but it seems to be not enough or I have done something wrong

Thanks,

Zsolt