Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing sheet templates and expressions

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I'm trying to set up new drawing titleblocks for NX10, including setting up new sheet templates.

NX10.0.3 / TC10.1.x

So I have some expressions that mangle the item ID the way we want to display it on the drawing.

In the sheet / drawing templates, that cell in the titleblock has the text

<X@Dwg_Num_Display>

So I open the model part, create a new drawing (creates a spec. dataset correctly) and the titleblock is fine.

So now I want to create the 2nd sheet, so I do a "new sheet", pick the one I want, and it comes in.  BUT, the expression reference gets mangled to

<X@Dwg_Num_Display'0>

so it still points to the TEMPLATE part's expression value.  Not the expression (with the same name) in the part that the sheet is added TO.  (actually, ALL the expressions from the "sheet 2" template get copied in)

Is there some way to control the expressions, so IN THIS CASE ONLY (pulling in a new sheet template) expressions don't get copied, they just point to the existing expressions in the part?

I'm pretty sure we use/rely on the current behavior for other tasks (modeling/UDFs/whatever), so I do NOT want to change it globally.

I looked in uganswer, but didn't see anything obvious.

I could probably use attributes (Iuse them for other things in the title block) bt I'd prefer not to for this case.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled