Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing/sketch scale

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello,

I have a drawing containing views that are at a custom scale and I have a sketch within one of those views.  The dimensions referencing the drawing views are at the custom scale, but the dimensions referencing the sketch are at 1:1.  Is there a way to get the sketch scale to match the custom scale so that the dimensions will be consistent?  I didn't initially create this drawing, so I'm trying to find out what's going on.  Thanks

3 REPLIES

Re: Drawing/sketch scale

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @s_hightower.

In NX 11 there is a new command 'Scale Curve'. So what you have mentioned is possible with this command.

As you have asked this question for the NX10, 'Transform' command will help you to scale the sketch curves. You need to use the scale option with copy method that will create a new scaled curve and it is needed to create the dimensions for the scaled curve if continuous dimensioning option is not selected.

If you don't find the transform command then refer this topic.

Phenom
Phenom

Maybe it is because you made the sketch in the sheet and not in the view.

Ciaosketch.png

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Yes, I believe that was the issue.  After seeing the first reply, I went back and tried it again.  This time it worked, so I think I must have just forgotten to activate the sketch.  Thanks