cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing template creation

Builder
Builder
Dear all,

I have created new drawing templates for our company and also I have updated pax files. It means I have access to my templates in file>new command and when I create new drawing I can see my own templates. But when I want to create the second sheet I can't see my template any more.

Please tell me what should I do to have my templates in drawings with more than one sheet. I use NX 11.

Thank you in advance.
Sina shojaee
6 REPLIES

Re: Drawing template creation

Phenom
Phenom

Ciao,

when you add a new sheet be sure to check the use template button.

Ciao

template.png

Phenom
Phenom

You edited/updated both the drawing and sheet .pax files?

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1

Builder
Builder

Hi @Cesare

Thank you for your response.

If I check the use template botton NX will use it's default templates for Siemens.

If I use Standard size I will see a blank sheet. But in the first page everything is OK

Sina shojaee

Builder
Builder

Hi @DaveK

After creating template I marked it as template and created new pax file in ugii>template folder. So now I have a new template and a new pax file in that folder.

Sina shojaee

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

There is another, separate .pax file for secondary sheets (default name: ugs_sheet_templates.pax). These will show up on the "insert sheet" menu but not on the "new drawing" menu.

Check your log file and search for ".pax" to see all of the template .pax files that get loaded when NX starts.

Builder
Builder

Hi @cowski1

Thank you. I created pax file two times and put the second one in drafting > templates Folder and the problem fixed. Your solutions are always very helpful.

Sina shojaee