Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Drop down menu blinking

Legend
Legend

Well, following @joewhite's advice, I've asked the question to our IT. If this does not solve the problem, I think I'll just record my day with OBS.. and try to raise an IR.

I'll keep you updated !

Best regards.

Legend
Legend

Hi,

I've got some news regarding this problem.

On our windows 10 workstations, Group policy organisation is read and applied every 45 minutes. After asking the question to our IT, they've been able to track down the issue and see in logs it happens when GPO is read. Hope this can help some of you !

They'd like to see what is exactly causing this trouble and not just increase the 45 mns. I'll tell you if they find it.

Best regards. 

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

I've shared this with out IT department as well, thanks, and keep us posted.

-Dave
NX1867(if it had versions) | Teamcenter 11.6 | Windows 10

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

@DaveK,

Issues like this give a whole new meaning to what we thought migrating to new versions meant (improvements), huh?  LOL

Tim
NX 11.0.2.7 MP11 Rev. A
GM TcE v11.2.3.1
GM GPDL v11-A.3.6

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

@TimF or as we refer to them, "undocumented features".

I'm fairly certain, that if I mentioned we had to change the group policy organization, during our meetings to plan upgrades to NX/Tc/OS versions, I would have gotten some strange looks from IT, and possibly sent for a 'random' drug test, LOL

-Dave
NX1867(if it had versions) | Teamcenter 11.6 | Windows 10
Highlighted

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@DaveK wrote:

@TimF or as we refer to them, "undocumented features".

Remember, a bug is just a feature that hasn't been discovered by the marketing department...

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

For reference, this "undocumented feature" is something that has been reported in PR 9381955 and the fix submitted to NX 1872. Which versions it will also be backported to is yet to be decided.

Darren

Legend
Legend

Thanks @dazling for this information.
I thought this was purely due to Microsoft but if this can be corrected inside NX, this is interesting.

Considering how bothering it is (I've got users complaining all day long), I truly hope it's backported to NX12.0.2 which is still under maintenance. I get the concept of continuous release so ok for NX1847/+ the fix will be available after NX1872 but I think it should be backported for people which did not migrated to NX yet (we're migrating to NX12.0.2 soon so..).

Best regards,

Frédéric.

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

The fix for this issue (PR 9381955) has also been included in NX12.0.2 MP11 and 1863. 

Legend
Legend

Thanks.
Our users will be happy.

We'll wait for mp11 then !

Frédéric.