Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop down menu blinking

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Searching the solution center hasn't found me anything, but has anyone else noticed  this?  When you select something with a drop down, before you get to select an option, the screen blinks, and you have to start over with the drop down.  Generally this happens 3 times, before you can actually select what you want.  It's not predictable, to recreate for a movie, or anything.  We aren't sure if its an NX issue, or a Windows 8/10 issue.  Every user here has the issue.

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1
5 REPLIES

Re: Drop down menu blinking

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

Is it workstation / user / menu specific?
Have you tried reinstalling the graphics driver?

Regards, Ben

Gears Phenom

Not menu specific.

Not workstation, or user specific either Smiley Happy

It's only with NX too, other drop downs in other software behave.  I would describe it as the drop down taunting you, it drops, and just as your about to get to the selection, its gone.  This happens 3ish times.  I'm not sure if its a time window, or a number of attempts to select thing, because some users say the number of tries varies.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/7ca52a09f2756728607ab131016f9f2b/tenor.gif?itemid=5254164

-Dave

Legend
Legend

Yes, we had that once, it was caused by a fault in Group Policy Processing. Have your IT check.

Gears Phenom

Just to add a bit more information, it also does it on the right click menu, not always, but randomly to annoy you.

-Dave

Gears Phenom

Interesting, I will pass that along to them.

-Dave