Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate parts (Nx 8)

Experimenter
Experimenter

I am using Nx8 and Teamcenter 8. I have an assembly with several parts.Recently I am facing this issue. For no reasons, the parts inside the assembly are copied multiple times. For example, if the assembly A and B part, the assembly is shown with 'n' number of As and 'n' number of Bs. All these were copied in the same place where the original part is placed. How can I fix this issue?

Thanks,

SS

6 REPLIES

Re: Duplicate parts (Nx 8)

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

"unpack" the A and B component, and delete the extras.

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 10

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks for your reply. I face this issue everytime I open this assembly. As you said, I deleted the extra. At the same time, I am loosing my constraints. Unable to find the original one. Any idea?

Thanks

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

Please let me know if it helps. (attached movie)

Best Regards

Kapil

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank you for your reply Kapil. My issue is everyday this is getting repeated and need to delete the duplicate before I begin my work. I could not fix this issue. Is this a bug?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

Please check if you are not using the duplicates while adding components to your assembly.Not sure of any other setting right now.

3.jpg

Creator
Creator

Do you have "copy" on when (or if) you are doing moves to the parts?

BTW, you bring up another issue, a pet peeve of mine: not being able to easily chase down the constraints. I have no hints, other than this is the perfect example of why we need a true graphical constraint browser such as the one I-DEAS had!