Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDGE BLEND ISSUE

Creator
Creator

I have a problem with variable radius. When I create an edge blend, I specify the radius point and the related measure of the radius using "specify radius point" with "end point" as type filter selection; so I create the edge blend.

Then I proceed with the model history.

Many times when I come back on the edge blend and I use "edit parameters", the position of the points on the edge blend are not respected, although the geometry of the model has not been modfied.

5 REPLIES

Re: EDGE BLEND ISSUE

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Blend rad through point.jpgBlend Through Point

Hi there, in NX 11.0.1 we added a new option in the variable blend pull down called Through Point, if you do what you have been doing but then change the option to Through Point as in the image above the point will hold its position.

Regards

Paul

Creator
Creator

thankyou Paul for your quick reply,

I think I will use variable edge blend through point.

But the problem is that: if I set the variable edge blend as I want with % arc length as I said before, the % value of the control point changes although the geometry has not been modified. Can you tell me why?

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend
I have asked the question to our development team. I will feed back their response when I get it. I am not sure why the values would change if not geometry has been modified. I have done an example myself but it maintains the %arc length for me.

Creator
Creator

Thankyou Paul,

unfortunatly it is an issue that does not happend always, in all the variable edge blend.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Perhaps if you could supply a sample part?

Save it when you create the blend (the "before" part)

Then "save as" to different file, and continue modeling

When you encounter the issue, save (the "after" part), send the 2 parts to GTAC?

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled