Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: EXPORT STEP PROBLEM WITH WINDOWS 10 UPDATE

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

we had the same problem and we have resolved by installing this nVidia driver http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/123914/en-us

Thank you...

Using NX1867
RuleDesigner PDM

Siemens Esteemed Contributor Siemens Esteemed Contributor
Siemens Esteemed Contributor
So when I use File-> Save As: and select .stp as my file type it seems to be working... This may be another work-around.

Good to know - thank you! This was suggested in a previous thread and it seems to work in some cases.  Installing the latest graphics driver is also working for some, but not others.  We're trying to establish what caused the problem - it seems it was due to a Windows 10 and/or nVidia graphics driver update.  I'll post an update when I have something more concrete.

Ben Broad | PLM Enthusiast | Siemens GCSS

NX (v17 - 1872) | Teamcenter (9 - 12)
Value Based Licensing | Adaptive UI | BETA Registration

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

I've had three different customers, all with the same exact problem. The first case we reported to GTAC but were rejected because they were using an supported graphics card (Geforce). The following two were using Geforce cards as well so we didn't report to GTAC.

In all cases, the Save As worked for them.

Anthony Galante
Senior Support Engineer
PhoenxPLM

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius

@BenBroad wrote:

Another suggestion (which would help validate my previous entry above) would be to disable the nVidia graphics card driver in the Windows Device Manager.  Some systems have an onboard Intel GPU which you can use.  If that's not available you'll have to use the Windows VGA drivers that will kick in when the nVidia one is disabled.  Again, please let me know if this works so I can pass it on to development.

Have you tried using the external (command line) translators?
"Start > All Programs > Siemens NX 11.0 > Translators".

Regards, Ben

One of our customers recently faced this issue.

In any case, I disabed the Graphics Card from device manager, & everything worked fine.

At first, I thought problem is related to the graphics driver. This function was working for him a few days back, but he wasn't sure if their graphics driver was updated or not. 

But actually the CULPRIT is the windows update itself *still doubtful though*, as I had said earlier. I am saying this because its very unlikely for the drivers to be updated automatically. And they are v388.13 (Nvidia Drivers) right now, a bit old.

From Nvidia Website,

Version:388.13  WHQL
Release Date:2017.10.30

I will update his drivers to v390 & see if this solves the issue for him. If it doesnt, I'll install some old version (that's more of a hit or miss).

I am afraid I'll have to roll back the windows later on, the worst case.

Anyways, all this leads to some work which has to be done from Siemens side to make sure their precious customers don't face any problems.

@BenBroad

Any support from your side on this would be appreciated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT 1: Updated to v390.65. Still facing this issue.

EDIT 2: Downgraded the graphics driver to v378.78. This solved the issue.

Ben, can you forward this to the development team for them to look into the issue.

Thanks

Paras Raina, Technical Head, MSC Systems Pvt. Ltd. (India)
NX 12.0.2
Solid Edge 2019

Siemens Esteemed Contributor Siemens Esteemed Contributor
Siemens Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Paras_R,

Thank you for this information - it will be very helpful.  Can you find out what graphics card your customer was using and which version of Windows?

Regards, Ben

Ben Broad | PLM Enthusiast | Siemens GCSS

NX (v17 - 1872) | Teamcenter (9 - 12)
Value Based Licensing | Adaptive UI | BETA Registration

Legend
Legend

down grading to this driver

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/123914/en-us

solved the problem on our sister companies machine.

Windows 10 pro/ Nvidia M2000

Rob Newcomb, Design and Engineering manager
Elmhirst Industries, Specializing in Prototype sheet metal stampings and assemblies

Production: NX 12.0.2 / Autoform r8 /WorkNC 2020.0
Testing:NX 1855
PC: Rave Cadbeast: Intel(R) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.GHz /32gb ram /NVIDIA Quadro P2000 on Win10 Pro

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

As @cubalibre00 said,

Rolling back to the one step earlier update of the NVIDIA drivers solved the problem.

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius

Hi @BenBroad

He is using Win 10 (Fall Update) with NVidia Geforce GT710. Unfortunately, the graphics card isn't certified so I had to sort this manually without any help from GTAC.

I wish this would improve in future & atleast GTAC would provide some help, relating the cases to those systems with cetified hardware (like what caused the same problem for the users with certified hardware & what was the solution for them. This will surely help).

I understand it becomes difficult when the hardware/software doesn't meet the certification, & it's very important to get full support from the Channel Partner & GTAC. I, personally, always ensure that our customers are running a certified system. That's the way to go always.

Anyways, thanks for all the help, Ben.

Paras Raina, Technical Head, MSC Systems Pvt. Ltd. (India)
NX 12.0.2
Solid Edge 2019

Creator
Creator

I also find that downgrading to this driver NVIDIA version the problem is temporarily solved.

Legend
Legend

is there a solution to this yet, besides rolling back to an older driver?

Rob Newcomb, Design and Engineering manager
Elmhirst Industries, Specializing in Prototype sheet metal stampings and assemblies

Production: NX 12.0.2 / Autoform r8 /WorkNC 2020.0
Testing:NX 1855
PC: Rave Cadbeast: Intel(R) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.GHz /32gb ram /NVIDIA Quadro P2000 on Win10 Pro