Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early move to NX11

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

For those that have made the move, any issues?  does it seem stable enough for production, or would you suggest waiting for the first MR?

Generally we would wait for the MR, but timing has us wanting to do some training in Sept/Oct., and we feel it would be best to train on 11, vs train on 9, then a month or two later move to 11.

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1
8 REPLIES

Re: Early move to NX11

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Dave,

Without me guaranteeing anything about stability / problems, this version of NX 11 released at iteration 33. (NX11.0.0.33)

Think back to NX5 - that went out at iteration 23 as I recall. (NX5.0.0.23)

I know some customers refuse to upgrade until a MR has occurred.

But I think NX11 is very stable with no major issues. I do recommend reading the Caveats in the release notes.

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

DaveK,

Working for Siemens I would say that going to NX11.0 is fine but I might be a little biased :-). For your information, one of our largest customers has committed  to upgrading to  NX 11.0 in November 2016 so hopefully that speaks volumes about this releases quality. I have been using it a while now and have found no problems although you might say me being in Marketing that I do not do real work. :-).

Enjoy NX 11.0

Paul

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Dave -

If I were you...(as I think you use NX CAM?)

I'd test CAM - do existing parts open, do operations in them generate OK, what are the changes in the posted output, etc.

If need be, export a "representative sample" of CAM assemblies from Teamcenter and use native mode to test.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

I agree with Ken. I'm not a CAM user myself, but when we upgrade it seems to give the CAM guys the most headaches.

@Ken_A,

when things go wrong, you could be "a steamed contributer" Smiley Happy

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

We use it all, primarily CAD, but the CAM guys are slowly moving to NX.

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1

Phenom
Phenom
Hi,
we have NX10 on production. I've installed NX11 on my machine to start to test on production copied files. I need to ask for a new license file, this is clear, but can be the new license file used on the License server SPLMLicenseServer_v6.4.2_win64 or I need the new server to be installed on the server ?
My refile sintax is refile_part.exe -co -s -cleanup -convert_mcs c:\mcs.txt -mc_parts_only -regen_lw_def_tol -d \\server\root, is corret or someone suggest me some more ?
Thank you...

Using NX 11 / RuleDesigner PDM

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi,

as a Siemens customer with active maintenance, you should be able to

- get your current NX11 license file. (no need to ask for it!)

- download the latest Siemens PLM License Server Software.

Both is available on the GTAC support site (short access: type siemens.com/gtac into the address bar of your web browser), and you just need an active webkey.

Siemens does not supply a specific matrix for NX / SPLM License Server software version combinations, you should always use the version included in the NX Software version.

Alternately, you can always use the latest toolkit in the download section of the GTAC support site.

The refile utility supports several use cases. Depending on what you'd like to achieve, switches can be different.

Hope that helps,

Johannes

Phenom
Phenom

DaveK wrote:

For those that have made the move, any issues?  does it seem stable enough for production, or would you suggest waiting for the first MR?

Generally we would wait for the MR, but timing has us wanting to do some training in Sept/Oct., and we feel it would be best to train on 11, vs train on 9, then a month or two later move to 11.

I'm testing NX11 on production with refiled file, but there are diferences in performances.

I suggest you to attend the first MR.

Thank you...

Using NX 11 / RuleDesigner PDM