Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Section line Settings

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius

hi, is it possible to set the visible line width if section views so that they are different from the line width of the base views?

Thank you, Lau

6 REPLIES

Re: Edit Section line Settings

Legend
Legend

yes Laurus, you can do that at different levels (I'm not in the office at the moment so I'm relying on my memory):
- For an existing section line, right-click then settings and change the width
- For an existing drawing, drafting preference, view, commom, ...
- In your drafting template
- In your customer default, drafting, drafting standard, customize, view , common, ...

Sorry for the fuzzy answer!

Laurenj.

Solution Partner Genius

Thank you Laurenj, I meant to change it as a a standard from the Customer Defaults and in the Drafting  template.

But I cannot find an option for line width dedicated to section views; I only find it for visible lines of any kind of vews. So far the only way I see is to manually change the width by right-clicking the section and editing the Settings.

While I would like to have it as a pre-set default, for every section view

Legend
Legend

I believe this is what you are looking for :

section line settings.png

Update your site drafting std, then open your template and go to preferences, drafting and at the bottom of the dialog, select customer default as the drafting preferences source.

Laurenj

Solution Partner Genius

no, I believe this option is to change the section line width: I would like to change the width of the visible lines in section views

Legend
Legend
sorry, my bad! I totally misunderstood your post!!! May be because of the title?
Anyway, I don't think there is a setting for what you want. The only way I see is to manually modified these widths once the section view is created.
Laurenj.

Solution Partner Genius

thank you very much all the same

Smiley Happy