Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electrical routing: ugroute_elec.xml location

Genius
Genius

Hello, Is it possible to change where NX looks for the ugroute_elec.xml location?  I'm trying to open Electrical Routing and I get a warning stating that it can't open the application view.  It then gives a location where to look, but it's the wrong address.  Thanks

7 REPLIES

Re: Electrical routing: ugroute_elec.xml location

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

May be yes...but please wait for other replies also..

If i am not wrong then the ugii_env_ug.dat file contain all the information regarding these locations. These will determine where from the ugroute_elec_metric.xml /ugroute_elec_inch.xml files are accessed.

route_1.jpg

Best Regards

Kapil

Genius
Genius

Hello, Just an update.  Our helpdesk got back to me and had me add an address for a mapped network drive into the "Manual Entries" area of the UG Application Selector and that fixed the problem.  Thanks for the info.

NX directory add-in.JPG

Experimenter
Experimenter

Have the same problem (but for mechanical routing)

Can't find the UG Application Selector. How do I find it?

Genius
Genius

Hello @Daniel_Jansson,  At least for our setup, if you select "NX Utilities in the NX Selection Menu, NX Application Selector is the first option.

NX Utilities.JPG

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

Hi @Daniel_Jansson,

There can be various reasons why the application view is not loading.  What is the exact message that gets displayed in your dialog and what does it say at the bottom of your NX log file (Menu > Help > Log File)?

@s_hightower, you appear to be using a customized setup which would only apply to your environment.

Regards, Ben

Genius
Genius

@BenBroad, that is good to know.  I've only used "NX" at this location, so wasn't sure what was custom and what was out of the box.  I've used an earlier version of UG in 1999, but a "few" things have changed since then.

Experimenter
Experimenter