Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emboss or Extrude text curves on circular face with vector normal to that face

Creator
Creator

I want to emboss text on a circular face, but I could not manage to make it perpendicular to face with uniformity.

For for more details please refer attched snapshot .

13 REPLIES

Re: Emboss or Extrude text curves on circular face with vector normal to that face

Creator
Creator

test.jpg

I think you need to give it a vector(line or sketch) that perpendicular to your text. (please picture).

Re: Emboss or Extrude text curves on circular face with vector normal to that face

Creator
Creator

I tried this one also, but if you check it from top side, it will not have uniform extrusion.

Creator
Creator

test2.jpg

How about this

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Try the "thicken sheet" command rather than the extrude command.

Creator
Creator

Is it possible to make every extude perpendicular to face

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @Rajesh7,

You can

Wrap text curve on cylndrical face using 'Wrap Curve' command

Divide the cylindrical face using 'Divide Face' command by selecting the wrapped curves

Finally use 'Offset Region' command from synchronous modeling to extrude those curves/letters.

I have attached video of the same.

Creator
Creator

In thicken sheet command you can not select all text in one time, its same like extruding seperately

Creator
Creator

you can do it but curve rules setting with the single curve and extrude 1 letter at the time your vector is on curve vector.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Rajesh,

Ganesh suggestion works well. Please do let us know if there is some issue with that.

Also from manufacturing perspective (if i ignore additive manufacturing) will it be feasible to have this kind of text offset in a fabricated part?  Sorry i am not a manufacturing expert so just a bit curious.

Best Regards

Kapil