Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error loading assembly file

Creator
Creator

A file that was opened fine yestarday is now failing to load.

"there is an object which depends on itself"

"this was caused while updating an object of type screw hole series in part blah"

any way to remove the hole series that is broken and ill rebuild that part of the it?

Latest version and MP's 

no TC

6 REPLIES

Re: Error loading assembly file

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Try turning partial loading off.

Will it load up now?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

As already mentioned...please use a partial loading of the assembly.This will help avoiding automatic updating and then you might be able to do the edits.

Best Regards

Kapil

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Is it an assembly or a "piece part"

If an assembly, another load option is "structure only" (i.e. load no components)

These can sometimes be a real PITA to figure out.  You may have to deleted / suppress features, do part cleanups, edit expressions, etc. to fix it.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Creator
Creator

yes, i have gotten it to load now, trying to alter how its all defined, but no luck in getting it to not "depend on itself" as of yet.

Creator
Creator

Alright i think ive "Fixed" it. I pulled some components out from under the problem Assembly part, and made them "brother" components, instead of children to it.

It broke some links, but not getting that error anymore. thank you all for your responses.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

I have seen some instances of your issue earlier and the real culprit was found to be inappropriate wave linking (sometime you do not do it deliberately and these links are created automatically depending on the NX application you are using).

I found some respite using RELATION BROWSER (to figure out the inadequacies in wave linking tree) but not sure if it can be of some help to you also.

Best Regards'

Kapil