Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when trying to run simulation in MCD

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello everyone,

I am using NX 10 and I have a (somewhat large) file which was originally in .x_t file format. Opening the file was successful as well as saving in .prt format. As a start I just declared two rigid bodies and two joints in MCD. Then when I hit play on the simulation, I receive the error message "Incorrect object for this operation." When I close the error, the application reverts to the default Gateway display. Any ideas what is causing this problem? It is very important that I be able to create an MCD simulation with this file.

Thank you Smiley Happy

2 REPLIES

Re: Error when trying to run simulation in MCD

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello @Christi,

I have looked in our database, and could not find this error related to MCD, but most of the Issues that give this error message, turn out to be a bug. So I would suggest you contact GTAC, and provide the files, and steps to reproduce, so we can investigate and file a PR for this, if appropriate.

Kind regards,

Dennis

Dennis de Brouwer
Application Support Engineer
GTAC EMEA - Siemens Industry Software

Re: Error when trying to run simulation in MCD

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi Christi,

this is probably a bug with the MCD Joints (and their limits) in NX10 that has been fixed as far as I know with newer releases. 

You could try the following: delete the Joints and recreate them without the limits in the Joints.

If you need the Limits you can use the Angular Limit and Linear Limit command.

Also like I said this should be fixed in NX11.

And as Dennis said contacting GTAC is probably the way to go.

Please let us know if you could fix the problem.

Best Regards

Viktor Braun