Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Examine Geometry - Data Structures Fail

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,

I am passing all the examine geometry tests but the "Data structures", where I get the following error:

The object data structure is corrupt

Please undo last operation and check again 

Undoing fixes nothing, but I do not know how severe is the error or how could I fix it.

Any suggestion? What can cause this error? The documentation of "Data structures in Examine geometry" is quite brief.

Data Structures

This function checks each selected body for data structure problems, such as corruption. The results are reported in the Information window. To highlight the invalid bodies in the graphics window, click the Data Structures option on the Highlight Results dialog.

Note: Any data structure error is cause for concern. The offending entities should be closely examine, then either repaired or deleted and reconstructed.

6 REPLIES

Re: Examine Geometry - Data Structures Fail

Phenom
Phenom

that's the most severe of all Examine Geometry errors, you should go

back in the modeling tree, find out the feature causing the problem

and recreate it.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Does the part model is created in NX or is it a parasolid/STEP file imported in NX?

Check with 'Heal Geometry' if it can be useful.

If model is created in NX then also check with complete 'Feature Playback'.

Phenom
Phenom
I would be very careful with Heal Geometry, it can ruin good geometries which could be
manually fixed with a bit of patience.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi, thanks for your answer. The part is created entirely in NX.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Maurizio,

Thanks for the answer, it worked. The problem was being caused by two diferent features: a Replace Face and a Substract.

What does dis error refer to? What can cause it and what concequences may it have?

Regards,
MSV

Phenom
Phenom

well, I'm not sure about precise causes, it crops up every now and then, what I do know is

that it can cause part corruption, if you bump into it stop working at once and fix it

immediately, if you don't care and go on working you're just  wasting your time as the

part is doomed.

As for the infamous Replace Face, that could be the culprit. I hate this feature as it is

the one that fails most of all, if it fails it's difficult to fix and it's difficult ro "read" as its

design intent is hard to spot, if there is any.   If I could, I would have my users to pay

one dollar every time they use it.