Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export DXF to Teamcenter

Phenom
Phenom

You can export a PDF directly into the Item Revision in Teamcenter, but what about DXF files?  our waterjet guy uses them, and will pull the info from Teamcenter, so it would save the designers the task of draging the DXF from the OS to Teamcenter.  I don't see any options for this in NX, but maybe something needs to be done on the TC side?

Thanks,

Dave

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1
8 REPLIES

Re: Export DXF to Teamcenter

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

You're correct.  There are no options that will allow you to export a DXF file directly into the Item Revision in Teamcenter - currently it will only export to the OS.  There are utilities that can batch export drawings from an NX dataset and generate a CGM or PDF in the Item Revision, or you can continue to do it interactively, but they don't support DXF.  Can your waterjet guy use either of these formats?

Phenom
Phenom

I will have to check.

-Dave

PLM World Member Genius PLM World Member Genius
PLM World Member Genius

More than likely DXF is going to be the preferred method as this is the industry standard method of transfering vector data to 2D CAM systems for use on lasers, waterjet, plasma and punch presses. And yes, NX/TC should be able to store this in the Item Revision. I have talked to development about this in the past, but I probably should write up an ER.

There is a CAM system out there that is currently writing software for Teamcenter so that all data for the sheet metal realm of CAM can be saved in Teamcenter like the machining people can already. Albeit a 3rd party CAM solution and not an NX product (as it really should be). ;-)

Ryan

--
Ryan Gudorf
CAD/CAM Supervisor
Budde Sheet Metal Works, Inc.
Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1
Solid Edge V20
NX11.0.1
TC10.1.5 32 GB RAM, nVIDIA Quadro K4200

Phenom
Phenom
Jump on board, ER7216064 was started 10/17/2014

-Dave
-Dave

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Ryan,

I ended up submitting an ER for Dave.  Call into GTAC (or log a WEBIR) and request to have an ER submitted and linked to master ER 1886006.  ER 1886006 was the initial ER requesting that Teamcenter Integration be enhanced to allow the import of DXF's directly into Teamcenter from NX.

Ben

PLM World Member Genius

I will do so. Thanks!

--
Ryan Gudorf
CAD/CAM Supervisor
Solid Edge V20
NX11.0.1

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Any news about this subject?

PLM World Member Genius

About the only thing I can tell you is that Development has been made well aware of the shortcomings of this process, and they are hopefully working on it.

Ryan

--
Ryan Gudorf
CAD/CAM Supervisor
Solid Edge V20
NX11.0.1