Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Export DXF to Teamcenter

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

Hi @AnbuPLM,

As far as I know, ER's cannot be found in Solution Center, so you'll only be able to see the status of your own ERs.  Unfortunately I do not have any further information regarding ER 1886006.  If you contact GTAC and have them add you to this ER you will be notified of any progress.

Regards, Ben

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thanks @BenBroad

I will raise an IR to add me in same ER and check for it's status.

Thanks,
Anbu

Teamcenter Architect & PLM/CAD Administrator,
Teamcenter 11.4 | Active Workspace 3.4 | NX 12

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@DaveK @BenBroad @RGudorf @Javiduc

Hi All,

I was looking for ways to import file & create dataset in Teamcenter from NX Manager to achieve custom DXF Export to Teamcenter. And then I found this in NXOpen programming tools document.

int [] NXOpen.PDM.FileManagement.ImportFilesAndCreateDatasets ( string[] itemIds,
string[] itemRevisionIds,
string[] datasetNames,
string[] datasetTypeNames,
string[] datasetRelationTypeNames,
string[] datasetToolNames,
bool[] fileType,
string[] namedReferenceNames,
string[] importFileNames,
string[] importFileDirectoryNames
)

Should work in versions, starting from NX11.0.1. I tried this in NX 12 and it worked perfect.

Hope this is useful for many people!

Thanks,
Anbu

Teamcenter Architect & PLM/CAD Administrator,
Teamcenter 11.4 | Active Workspace 3.4 | NX 12

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

Good find @AnbuPLM.

Here's the link to the NX Open documentation for anyone following the thread:

Export and import datasets

Regards, Ben

Some time ago I wrote several programs for a die manufacturer.  The requirement was for a lagre dieset they needed dwg drawings with attribute controlled names.  One dieset produced over 100 dwg files.  The program required pausing until a dwg file was saved to os.  My point is that to create dxf files is no more difficult to do than dwg files. Also to output other part specific information is also possible.

Anyway just a thought.

Frank Swinkels

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@FrankSwinks1 wrote:

Some time ago I wrote several programs for a die manufacturer.  The requirement was for a lagre dieset they needed dwg drawings with attribute controlled names.  One dieset produced over 100 dwg files.  The program required pausing until a dwg file was saved to os.  My point is that to create dxf files is no more difficult to do than dwg files. Also to output other part specific information is also possible.

Anyway just a thought.

Frank Swinkels

Exporting DXF files to the OS is fairly easy; exporting to teamcenter is a bit more involved. Do you have any example code for exporting DXF or DWG files to TC? I'd like to see how it is done.

Hi @cowski1  No I don't have TC installed so I do not have any code examples.  The reason that I entered this discussion is because I saw that example code for importing a dataset.  It seemed to me combining hat example code with (as you say) the easy mehod of creaing the dxf file might work.  I might be way off but as I said it was just a though.

Frank Swinkels