Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export\Import Expression Groups in NX 12

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello

I have a query while exploring new Expressions Dialog box where we can create groups for expressions to organize them instead of flat list of expressions.

I tried to create expression groups and export them using export option in settings of Expression dialog box
And tried to import them again in different file I discovered that the expressions were imported but the groups were not. All the imported expressions belonged to same default group.

Is there some setting that I am missing while I export and import expressions group along with expressions?

Also attaching images of what i export and what i get when import

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Export\Import Expression Groups in NX 12

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @Rohan_Patil ,

You're not missing anything. The information of group belonging only exists inside the expression interface, and not inside the ".exp" file and this is currently the limitation.
However, it's possible to export a group in ".exp" file: right click on a group and select "Export Group" and import them back using .exp file in a group making it explicitly active.

There are ERs which requests to export/import expressions retaining the groups:

ER# 8279477: support expression groups during export and import of expressions

ER# 8280515: Export & Import Expressions (Groups and Locked Expressions)

Regards,
Samadhan

GTAC | NX Help: NX1102 | NX1202 | NX1847
Please mark post as an "Accepted Solution", if it answers your question/is more helpful!

Siemens Phenom

Hi @Rohan_Patil 

Is there some setting that I am missing while I export and import expressions group along with expressions?

Export group will export only expression belonging to that particular group.

In other part, select desired group. make it active and then import expressions.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello 

I tried to Export it worked also the .exp file showed the groups 

For import I am not able to get the expression in groups properly 

could you some how demonstrate your steps for import of expressions along with Groups

Thanks in advance for the workaround.

Siemens Phenom

@Rohan_Patil , please find below video:

(view in My Videos)

Regards,
Samadhan

GTAC | NX Help: NX1102 | NX1202 | NX1847
Please mark post as an "Accepted Solution", if it answers your question/is more helpful!