cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export an assembly from NX11 to NX06 with parasolid

Creator
Creator

Hello,

I have never used NX before today and I need to modify assemblies and elec diagrams on NX11 from NX06 files.

On the forum I saw it's possible to visualize an NX11 file on NX06 with Parasolid.

I have NX11 and I have opened an NX06 assembly to modify 2/3 things and tried to export the assembly with parasolid but it doesn't work.

Indeed:

- I haven't the parasolid export available in the File->Export

- When I open the functionality with a different way, I put a name, choice the version to export but nothing happens when I click on OK.

(Please find screenshots attached)

Someone can help me?

Thanks,

Ben

6 REPLIES

Re: Export an assembly from NX11 to NX06 with parasolid

While 'Export Parasolid' dialog is open, select the required version and solid bodies from UI then OK.

Ganesh Kadole, QA Analyst (PLM), SQS
Testing: NX 10 | NX 11 | TCIN
TC 11.2 | TC Vis 11.3 | AWC 3.2

Creator
Creator

Hello Ganesh_Kadole,

Thanks for your answer but I would like to export all the assembly with parasolid. How can I select solid bodies from UI (UI?) because in the dialog windows I just can put a name and select the version.

Sorry, Basics things or names are new for me I don't know the software at all.

BR,

You can export only solid bodies using parasolid export. Select them from user interface (UI) / graphical user interface (GUI) or say NX window where assembly geometry is displayed.

Ganesh Kadole, QA Analyst (PLM), SQS
Testing: NX 10 | NX 11 | TCIN
TC 11.2 | TC Vis 11.3 | AWC 3.2

Creator
Creator

Ganesh_Kadole,

I have found thank you very much Smiley Happy

Do you know if it's possible to export from NX11 to NX06 other things in addition to solid bodies? like elec diagrams for exemple maybe by using another functionality as parasolid?

Legend
Legend
If you want curves and points, you'll need to export using iges or step.

I "think" you can export drawings with Iges, I know you can use CGM or DXF for them.
It has been a very long time since ever had to send much back to an older version.
Rob Newcomb, CAD/CNC/Simulation manager
Elmhirst Industries, Specializing in Prototype sheet metal stampings and assemblies

Production: NX 11.0.2.7 / Autoform r7 /WorkNC 2017 r2
Testing:NX12 EAP
PC: Rave Cadbeast: Intel(R) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.GHz /32gb ram /NVIDIA Quadro K2200 on Win10 Pro

Creator
Creator

Ok thanks for the information