Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export .dwg file with .jpg in NX

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Hi everyone,

I insert .jpg file to draft in NX and then I export it  to .dwg. When I try open new .dwg file in NX I can not see jpg. I just see the title block and nothing more. Pls check attachment. In solidEdge it is working well so I hope it is possible in NX as well. There is anyone who is able to help me?

dwgNX.pngjpgnx.png

3 REPLIES

Re: Export .dwg file with .jpg in NX

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @lukipap,

The functionality you are looking for is not currently supported.  Enhancement request ER 6890616 has already been submitted asking for the ability to include images when using the DXF/DWG translator.  Shaded views are also not supported.  If you must have a DWG consider exporting a CGM using the Advanced Plot command and then using a CGM -> DWG converter.  Export PDF would also work.

Regards, Ben

Pioneer
Pioneer
Hi, Ben, I'm working in NX11, is the functionality discussed in this thread supported yet? I'm exporting to dwg for a client, and everything shows except our company logo... My boss is not impressed. Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Thanx.

Ed

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @lonesome-joe,

Unfortunately it does not appear that the ER has been implemented yet.  Please consider opening an IR with GTAC to have yourself added to the ER.

I did find one IR that mentioning that starting with NX 11 the image was exported along with the DXF/DWG, as a separate file, and that the image is positioned correctly in the drawing when using AutoCAD 2017.

Regards, Ben