Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to DWG - colors are all wacky!

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Hey all, What is going on with my DWG exports? See attached, obviously the colors are way off. Are there settings somewhere to change the files and line weights for exports? I can't seem to find them. Thanks a lot! Peter
5 REPLIES

Re: Export to DWG - colors are all wacky!

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

I don't see an attachment

I don't use the DXF/DWg tramslators much, but...

Most of the settings are controlled by the %UGII_BASE_DIR%\DXFDWG\dxfdwg.def file, have a look in there.

If you are creating a part from a DWG, you might also want to look at the dwgnullnx100_in.prt and/or dwgnullnx100_mm.prt files (same folder) as they are used if you are not importing the data into an existing part.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

What Are your Autocad layers settings set to?  Bylayer, bycolor?  In NX layers do not control the colors of your lines.  When you open up a translated drawing in Autocad you may need to change your layers setting due to the fact Autocad layers and colors go hand in hand.  So you may need to change the above settings.  This is just a shot and worth trying and investigating.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Here's the screenshot!

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

In NX, do you have "monocolor" drawing display turned on?
(Preferences -> Visualization -> Color -> "Drawing part settings" block - is the "Monochrome display" checked?)

If set to monochrome, un-check it & see what your drawing looks like...

Ken

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Great suggestion and it was check boxed, but did not make a different in the export. The NX drafting view did go back to colors, but the export was exactly the same. Peter