Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to dxf in layer0

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Work layer in NX is layer1. Can I configure NX export setting to change layer to 0 when opening dxf in Autocad?

6 REPLIES

Re: Export to dxf in layer0

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

So far is i know we only support layer 1 to 256

Ruud van den Brand
Pre-sales NX CAD
cards PLM Solutions

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thank you Ruud,

I dont need layer0 to be created in NX just elements in dxf to be in layer0. The program used to nest metal sheet parts to be cutted by laser, plasma... only read layer0 and I would like to avoid manually change it.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Also with the export we can't set Layer 0.

Ruud van den Brand
Pre-sales NX CAD
cards PLM Solutions

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Is it possible to export lines without layer atributte? So maybe AutoCAD assign layer0 when opening?

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Not knowing how the layer is stored in the DXF...

Would it be possible to write a little script (e.g. like old unix sed/grep/awk/etc.) to process the DXF and change the layer to "layer0" or "0" or whatever?

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I am manually opening dxf files created by NX and then changing objects from layer 1 to layer 0. Now I find a second problem related with NX exporting objects in layer 1 to dxf. Once I moved everything visible from layer 0 to layer 1 I select all objects in layer 1 and it tells me that there are remaining objects in layer1 which I cant see. It stills happens if I delete all objects from the NX drafting sheet. How can I avoid that? I attach an NX example file with no objects in the sheet that export object to dxf file.