Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting part for machining from TC

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi Guys,

What is the prefered way to ba able to work with part files for machining when using TeamCenter?

It looks to me that the part needs to be exported from TeamCenter. I tried and it is quite bad to use the export form as far as understanding all the forms and tabs.

After the export is there still some associativity between the data and the the machining software? Using NX machining.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES

Re: Exporting part for machining from TC

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

The best solution is have your Teamcenter configured for use with NX CAM. I am not an expert in this area but I know it can be done and I am not sure about Teamcenter software is needed for this but it would be worth a discussion with your sales rep or technical PreSales person.

Scott

Re: Exporting part for machining from TC

Phenom
Phenom

You'll have to import the NX CAM setup templates into Teamcenter, and edit the nxdm_ugs_manufacturing_template.pax, along with a few other things.  This doc covers most of it, but it is a few versions old, and we had to deviate from it, with help from GTAC.

Once it's all setup, you don't need to export any files, other than your G-code, and with add-ons you can feed the machine's controller from TC too.  We don't have that feature.

If you really want to export, I'd select the model in TC, and right click, "named reference" to get it outside of TC.

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1