Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extracting 3D-model's internal drawing outside in TC ?

Genius
Genius

Hello

When using Teamcenter. How to extract 3D-model's internal drawing into Teamcenter's normal structure tree ?

( a.k.a. How to make it an external drawing inside Teamcenter ? )

4 REPLIES

Re: Extracting 3D-model's internal drawing outside in TC ?

Genius
Genius

Hi, do you mean the dwg? That is only possible if you save your drawing as a separate dataset (UGPART) and not if you made it in the drafting mode of your UGMASTER... Otherweise you can export a pdf or cgm directly to teamcenter and it will save it as a new dataset in under your item revision, but these exported files will not update if you change your drawing, you must export them again.

Genius
Genius

There is also an option "Save as non master parts" and instead of "alt1" as the extension of your dataset name, put "dwg1". This is not the same as using MMC because the two parts are not directly linked but it could be the solution you are looking for as a quick fix.

I would suggest creating a UGPART and just copy paste everything...

Genius
Genius

Yes. I created a new .DWG drawing file and copy&pasted the projections from the 3D-model's internal drawing.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

There have been a few discussions about this in these forums.

In the "solutions" database I think this article covers what you are trying to do:

https://solutions.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/view.php?q=export+drawing+to+separate+file...

If not, go to the Solutions database (https://solutions.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com) and search something like "export drawing to separate file" (maybe use "dataset" instead of "file"?)

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled