Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Face properties for pattern feature

Creator
Creator

Hi,

I have one extrude and edited property of top face as FACE1 then patterned that extrude to 4 instances.

Wanted FACE1 to be the property for all top faces of patterned instances, but not getting the desired output.

Need all the changes to be with respect to editing in future also like if edited to 3 or 6 instances, properties should adopt as in parent object.

If anyone have idea on this, please help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ravi

5 REPLIES

Re: Face properties for pattern feature

Siemens Creator Siemens Creator
Siemens Creator

Hi Ravi,

I followed steps mentioned below and got the desired results.

Selected top face of extrude > MB3 > Properties > General tab > Changed name to FACE1 > Pattern Feature (selected extrude feature).

Now FACE1 is property for all top faces of patterned instances. Also editing the instance count did not change the property of FACE1.

Thanks,

Amol

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @Ravi369,

It should work provided there is no change in the name of face of parent body after creating pattern feature.

To view name of faces in GUI, enable "Show Object Names".

Menu > Preferences > Visualization > Names/Borders tab > Show Object Names.

Creator
Creator

Hi @AdCad,

I did the same and when changed the name from Face1 to other name, it is not getting changed.

Regards,

Ravi

Creator
Creator

Hi @GaneshKadole,

Thanks for the reply, but I am looking for editable approach with parent property changes.

Regards,

Ravi

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Thanks for the reply, but I am looking for editable approach with parent property changes. 

With interactive steps, I think it is not possible. You can consider using 'Name Selection' and editing which will change name of all faces at once.

(view in My Videos)