Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faces get swapped upon rebuild

Creator
Creator

I created a blade model that can change its shape based on multiple expressions. During this process I split up the curved blade face into sections and named them. However when I go and rebuild the blade by changing the expressions, two of the faces swap. Im wondering how I should be building the model or naming the faces so I do not run into this error.  Any help would be appreciated. Here is an image of what it Edge Move.png

would look like. I could generate the geometry color the face. Move it around and the color will shift to another face. Even if I end up with the same final geometry the faces will have changed

4 REPLIES

Re: Faces get swapped upon rebuild

Siemens Creator Siemens Creator
Siemens Creator

Hi,

What feature did you use to produce the geometry?

Eric

Creator
Creator

Pattern to move positioning. Through curves to generate main body. Revolved to create 2 of the 3 cutting surfaces. Through curves + Extrude + extend + sew for 3rd cutting surface and finally Divide face 

Siemens Creator Siemens Creator
Siemens Creator

Getting slightly more detailed, which feature produced the face that you colored?

Eric

Creator
Creator

Well initial face / sheet surface was:

through points>spline 3rd order> Pattern for positioning > Through curves 3rd order. 

Then Face was divided into the segments by: divide face 

The sheets used in divide face command were made by :

1. Spline around section from Some points that were patterned along with the points mentioned earlier. > revolve
  2. Spline through sections at particular points of each section > revolve
  3. Through curve on more of the splines used in (1) >  though curve to the edge of a revolved sketch at axis of rotation. Then extrudded up by vector. Then extended out by sides of second through curve and extrude. All sewed together and then patterned to position correctly.