Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fail to delete junk expressions

Genius
Genius

My part files often have a lot of outdated expressions which are undeletable. Everytime when I organize my exppressions, it's a big disaster.

Attached is an example. All the objects have been deleted, but there are 3 expressions left. "Part Cleanup" -> "Delete Unused Expressions" does not work to remove them.

ScreenClip [2].png

Below is reference information of one:

ScreenClip.png

It's weird to see a ghost "Referencing Object". But in fact all objects in the part have been deleted.

Could you kindly give some clues? Thank you so much!

5 REPLIES

Re: Fail to delete junk expressions

Genius
Genius

Utilities > Part Cleanup > Delete Unused Objects can solve most of the problem.

ScreenClip.png

But some junk expressions are still undeletable for being  associated with used objects, and it is unable to be removed unless you delete some used objects. Attached is an example.

Only if group "G1" or sketch "F0" is deleted, then expressions p3/p4/p5 would disappear. I think that it's due to bug of  NX software.

ScreenClip [1].png

One thing seems to be weird: there is only 1 blank sketch on layer 1, but Layer Settings reports 3 objects on layer 1.

ScreenClip [2].png

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @surfactant,

One thing seems to be weird: there is only 1 blank sketch on layer 1, but Layer Settings reports 3 objects on layer 1. 

Groups are on layer 1. If you perform 'Ungroup' operation you will see only one object on layer 1. I tried to add curves to sketch, but it has failed with error. Are you able to edit and update sketch?

Regards,
Ganesh

Genius
Genius

Hi, @GaneshKadole

Thanks for letting me know that groups can also be counted as objects.

I can edit and update the sketch. See the attachement. Oh, you can't?

Thank you!

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @surfactant,

When I edited sketch, from reattach sketch dialog selected plane method to inferred and specified new CSYS. Those three expressions were no longer available. Refer attached video.

Regards,
Ganesh

Genius
Genius

Hi, @GaneshKadole

Yes, it works! It's possible that some expressions are built along with some kind unnoticable reference to certain objects during the creation of the sketch

Thanks you!