Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal error detected unable to continue. Unhandled operating system exception: c0000005 (please)

Experimenter
Experimenter

I was working with the program this morning, when suddenly the scroll zoom stopped working. I restarted the program and this error appeared on the screen. I could not solve it by looking at other posts. I attached my ".syslog" in case anyone could help me with it.

I have updated all drivers: motherboard, CPU, GPU etc ... and still not working

System 

CPU: Intel i5-4690k

GPU: AMD R9 280X

Motherboard: MSI GD65

Ram: 32GB DDR3

2 REPLIES

Re: Fatal error detected unable to continue. Unhandled operating system exception: c0000005 (please)

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

With this type of error, it is best to contact GTAC (or your VAR) as soon as possible.

Re: Fatal error detected unable to continue. Unhandled operating system exception: c0000005 (please)

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @lagudesigner,

I removed your syslog from your post for security reasons.

I'm 99.99% sure it's your graphics driver:

+++ Invalid read from 0000000000000000
    rsp:           5fbac0, rip:     7fff6ad896bf, rbp:           5fbb70
    rsi:           5fbbd0, rdi:                0
    rax:          1001403, rbx:                0, rcx:                0, rdx:           5fbb40
    r8:                 3, r9:           72cd580, r10:           141b00, r11:           5fbb40
    r12:                0, r13: ffffffff910119b5, r14:           5fbb40, r15:                e
[ 1] 7FFF6AD896BF                                                              (atig6txx) 
[...]
[15] 7FFF9E6A8829                                                              (libgraphics_driver) 

Your session crashed before any graphics card information was recorded, however, from the above I can see it's an ATI card, but can't tell if it's supported.  We have a hardware (graphics card) certification table here so you can see which cards are certified along with their current driver.  If you're using a card that is certified, and its driver is the certified driver, consider downloading and installing a newer driver from either your workstation vendor or the graphics card vendor.

If you're still having problems, as @cowski1 suggests, give your local GTAC office a call.

Regards, Ben