Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal error detected unable to continue unhandled operating system exception:c0000005

Creator
Creator

Hello 

Always that I close NX. I am getting the message error: "Fatal error detected unable to continue unhandled operating system exception:c0000005".

This error occur when I am quitting NX. I have done some tests to try to identify the rrot cause as:

**Disable Graphics Card

**Remove Space pilot of the machine.

**Review the Even Viewer to identify if exost any register.

**The logfile has not one error registered.

I will really appreciate your ideas/help.

Rigo.

8 REPLIES

Fatal error detected unable to continue unhandled operating system exception:c0000005

Creator
Creator

Hello
Always that I close NX. I am getting the message error: "Fatal error detected unable to continue unhandled operating system exception:c0000005".

This error occur when I am quitting NX.
I have done some test to try to identify the rrot cause as:
**Disable Graphics Card
**Remove Space pilot of the machine.
**Review the Even Viewer to identify if exist any register.
**The logfile has not one error registered.

**Reinstall NX

I will really appreciate your ideas/help.
Rigo

Re: Fatal error detected unable to continue unhandled operating system exception:c0000005

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

I suspect either your graphics card is not certitied for use with NX OR you need to update the graphics driver with a certified version.

You can find a listing of supported graphics cards and driver versions at

http://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/en_us/support/gtac/certifications.shtml

Re: Fatal error detected unable to continue unhandled operating system exception:c0000005

Legend
Legend

That is an access violation exception. Something is trying to access memory it has no rights for. Any additional/custom applications installed with NX?

Maybe remains of the space pilot installation (some NXOpen application)?

Regards

Jan

Jan Böttcher

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

We see that error sometimes when a custom C/C++ .dll is built with the wrong version of the Studio, for the version of NX, or when it is built with the /MDd switch.

Do you have any custom programs running?  In any case, please log an IR with GTAC, and provide a complete syslog file for analysis.  Thanks!

Phenom
Phenom
same post in 3 forums.
Not cool!

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Rigo,

As agrivas pointed out, please do not post the same post to multiple forums. Just a friendlty reminder that duplicate posts are against our Community Rules. It is ultimately to benefit you and the other members of the community. If someone experiences a similar problem, it makes it much more difficult to find the correct answer with multiple posts floating around. 

What application of NX are you running? CAD? CAE? From your post, it seems to be a general NX issue, but please try to limit where you post based on the specific application you are running at the time. It helps you get a more accurate answer faster. 

Thanks, 

Amy Allen 

Product Engineering Software

Siemens PLM Software Inc. 

Community Manager, Solid Edge
Rules of Participation | Become a Guest Author

Become a Solid Edge Certified pro today!

Creator
Creator
Thank you for your reply to my question.

I am part of one support group for NX in our company. We have identified at least 26 users, So far with this message error of hundreds of users that we have. I have a machine that is showing that error. SO the first action was compare the Microsoft C++ redistributables installed and do a match with the machine that is not launching the message error. These are the versions that I have in the machine that is working well. However this action has not fixed the issue.

[cid:image001.png@01D11708.13BAC700]

I have created the IR 7549475. But I have not received an answer from 10/28.

Another idea/advice will be really appreciated.

Rigoberto Tovar Valdez
NX-PW Support
GE Infrastructure Quer?taro
Tel: +52 442 4 56 60 19
Tel cel: +52 442 3 61 92 13

Creator
Creator
Thanks Allen by the comment. In this case as this error is general or not of one specific module. I didn't identify the exact forum, but I will take care the next times. Regards.