cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal error detected unable to continue unhandled operating system exception:c0000005

Pioneer
Pioneer

The error mentioned above only takes place when starting NX out of the company using a VPN to access the license server (I can check the license using Licensing Tool).

Since I have installed NX 11 and the VPN utility (GlobalProtect VPN) I can no longer use NX out of the company.

At the company, connected to the local network I have no issue.

Can anyone point out a solution to this problem?

Many thanks in advance for the kind support.

BR

Vasco Clemente

7 REPLIES

Re: Fatal error detected unable to continue unhandled operating system exception:c0000005

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
Is there an NX log file left behind? If so, does the end of the log file give any clues?

Re: Fatal error detected unable to continue unhandled operating system exception:c0000005

Pioneer
Pioneer

Please find attached the concerned SYSLOG.

It is somehow difficult to explain the line:

*** COLLAPSE:: in line 3671 of D:\workdir\reference\NX1102_7\src\syss\error\ind\error.cxx...

since this Laptop does not have a D:\ drive, or probably this does not mean anything!

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

The D:\... refers to where the source file was located when it was compiled/linked.  (i.e. it is on a developers PC at Siemens somewhere).  It has NOTHING to do with your PC

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Siemens Phenom

Hi @clementev,

I removed the syslog from your post for security reasons.  It would appear that your problem is related to your graphics driver (nViewH64).  You're workstation may have a dedicated graphics device installed but your NX session is only finding your onboard Intel HD Graphics 530.  NX only supports integrated graphics that start with P (e.g., P4600, P4700) - see the footnotes of the Certification Matrix tab here.

Since the NX syslog references nView, I suspect you have an nvidia device installed, or perhaps just using their desktop manangement software.  If the device is not one listed in the hardware certification then you may encounter issues running NX.  You might also want to uninstall the nView software to see if that resolves the issue.

Regards, Ben

Pioneer
Pioneer
Many thanks for your kind support.

The concerned laptop is a Dell 5520 with a Nvidia Quadro M1200.

Nevertheless this does not explain why it does run without any problem when connected in the company network.

Best regards

Siemens Phenom

@clementev,

My mistake, your log file does show the M1200 also:

Display adapter:  Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 21.20.16.4574
Graphics device:  Quadro M1200/PCIe/SSE2

But still, the error raised is due to the nView driver:

APP_ENTERED_APPLICATION_ENVIRONMENT_CALLBACK_ID UG_APP_NOPART.
*** ERROR: Unhandled exception: 0xc0000094 at Thu Oct 05 20:08:31 2017 GMT Daylight Time
[ 1] 07FEDBB28C31                                                              (nViewH64) 

NX is not going to crash like this because it can't find a license.

Regards, Ben

Pioneer
Pioneer

You were right about the root cause of this error.

At work I have configured the NVIDIA control panel and have forced the use of the Quadro M1200 for NX and other intensive graphics apps. Probably at home the user profile is not the same and such configurations are no longer valid.

I have once more forced the use of the Quadro M1200 and it runs without any issue.

Many thanks for your kind support.

Best regards

Vasco Clemente