Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Group Name

Phenom
Phenom

Is there any way to get feature group names to show before the feature name in Part Navigator? Or is there a way to show a separate column for named features?

As it stands, a users is required to expand the existing column out.

8 REPLIES

Re: Feature Group Name

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
The only thing I can think of is the following: RMB on the feature or feature group --> General and there you can change the name. Take a look at the video. For features like a Sketch there are two names. The Pre-Name you change like I have stated above. The column in the part navigator is just the normal "Name". Doe this help?

Phenom
Phenom

It's a good tip but doesn't solve the problem. As you mentioned, sketches have two names. The feature group only has the one name- so it only effects the name at the end. 

Maybe there is toggle to reverse the order in the Part Navigator??

Legend
Legend

Can't think how to do this without going down the road of applying a new Attribute to each Feature and creating an Attribute Column. Don't think you want to start doing that.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
You could maybe use the filter in the Part Navigator and save the filter. See Video I also use this feature to delete unwanted CSYS when I import stuff as a STEP. I can filter just the CSYS, select them all and delete :-) The same goes with the rest of the feature types and what not.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
YEs I was just about to post a video on this.

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor
The only thing I can think of is to change the Name Display. Unfortunately it doesn't have the option "User and System", it just has "System and User", "System" and "User Replaces System". Right click in the Part Navigator and choose Properties. Change the Name Display to "User Replaces System". ER?

Regards, Ben

Legend
Legend

That's pretty cool Ben, didn't think of that.

Phenom
Phenom

Ben-

That actaully does what the user is asking for. So, I'll mark that as correct.

Ryan