Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature occurence number changing on reorder

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Is there a setting to freeze a feature occurence number?

IE:  hole(1) is on top of a block and hole(2) on the front face...

if hole(1) is dragged done the part nav and reorders the feature Hole(1) is now the hole on the front face

I find this problematic...

how are others dealing wiht this.   I know we can name the feature...  but without doing so how do you work with reordered features that get renamed?

===================================================
Matt Johnson
Solid Edge Certified Professional (ST7 & ST8)
Solid Edge ST9 (SEEC) - Production
NX11 (Tc Integration) Pre-Production Testing
Teamcenter 10.1.7
2 REPLIES

Re: Feature occurence number changing on reorder

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

I'd call it the "timestamp" number rather than the "feature occurrence" number; its only purpose is to tell you where it is in the list. If it didn't update when it was reordered, that would be weird. I largely ignore the timestamp numbers until NX says something like: "hey, there's a problem with blend(528)"; then I can quickly scroll to the 500's and pinpoint the problematic blend.

I will rename a feature of interest or create a named feature group to collect related features together.

What type of issues are you having when the timestamp changes?

Re: Feature occurence number changing on reorder

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

thanks for the reply.  describing as timestamp number is a new way to think of this.

Im not having any issues currently just adoption...  in my prior software these numbers were static.

So if it told someoen to look at feature(34)  and then i continueded to work and move things feature(34) would always be...   but as you say...  if NX warns you, you better go look "right now"

thanks much!

===================================================
Matt Johnson
Solid Edge Certified Professional (ST7 & ST8)
Solid Edge ST9 (SEEC) - Production
NX11 (Tc Integration) Pre-Production Testing
Teamcenter 10.1.7