Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fill/Extrude open space NX8.5

Experimenter
Experimenter

I have created a 3d label (has a thickness, and faces). I want to show this label in drafting as it looks in the model (the shading/color of different entities on label). For example it is a warning label with 2 colors, I just need it to print out with the solid color (as the normal black& white). Currently when I do a solid fill on the label in my drawing, it will not let me pick some of the lines, causing the solid fill (hatching) to explode all over the label! The only way I know around this is to extract the curves and manually draw in lines and then the solid fill will work. I need another option. I cannot send examples.

Thank you for any help.

Kristin

5 REPLIES

Re: Fill/Extrude open space NX8.5

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Without at least pictures of what the model and the Drawing view looks like, there is very little that anyone could suggest.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Experimenter
Experimenter

unfortunatly I can not send work files out. I was hoping for direction on how to do a solid fill in drafting, not just how to fix my particular error.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

"Currently when I do a solid fill on the label in my drawing, it will not let me pick some of the lines, causing the solid fill (hatching) to explode all over the label!"

How are these lines created? Artwork imported from another application?

Experimenter
Experimenter

in the model file they are just sketched enties, but they are filled in. Its only in drafting (on my drawing in a view) that the solid does not show up. So that is why I would like to do the solid fill. The solid fill worked in most of the "faces" on the label, but where the fingers of the hand are, it will not let me "select" the lines to complete the fill. I have tried everything, the onl ything that works is if I manually use a spline and trace over the "hand". I feel like there should just be an option in drafting, like show solid in drafting view, and then the solid should print out, I have a blk and wht printer, so the black solid part of the hand is what I want. Thank you Smiley Happy

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

I'd try the "join curve" command on the curves that make up the "hand outline" in the modeling application. This should result in a single spline curve that may work better in drafting. This is similar to creating a spline to trace over the hand outline, but NX will create the spline for you.