Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter selection by color

is this filter working?? or am i doing something wrong??

NX8.5

Thanks in advance..

5 REPLIES

Re: Filter selection by color

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

It looks like you are working in a 'monochrome' drawing. In a drawing with the monochrome option turned on, all the objects will display as black even though the actual object color is something else. In other words, the display color is not the same as the true object color. Try turning off the monochrome drawing option to see how it affects the display and subsequent selection.

Creator
Creator

Hi Sir Alejandro,

additional to the comments below, please see below  how to turn off the monochrome. Just right click the drawing so you could see the option.

Regards,

Jenn

Monochrome off.JPG

cowski1 wrote:

It looks like you are working in a 'monochrome' drawing.

I do not think so..

cowski1 wrote:

Try turning off the monochrome drawing option to see how it affects the display and subsequent selection.

i did it ..

I been looking for this info in the NX10 document help and this is what i found...

selection filter.jpg

note i'm using NX8.5 is there any difference on this procedure??

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

Ok, the 'monochrome' option may not be causing your issue; but I still think that it is an issue of the displayed color not being the same as the actual color of the object. In the drafting view options, you can define which color to use when displaying visible lines (or hidden, smooth edges, etc). Check your view preferences to see what the color setting option is.

In one of my files, I changed the visible line color to be 108 (emerald, in my cdf); the original color of the component is 94 (pale moss). When I used "information -> object" I got the information shown below. You will notice that the color is listed as 94, but the views list the color separately (emerald show up in only a single view).

edge_color_2.PNG

edge_color.png

In short, the 'real color' of the objects affected by your VDE match the color that you picked, but the drawing view is using a different display color for those entities.