Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Fit Curve, weight of a certain region

Genius
Genius
In fitting a group of points or a curve, is it possisible to increase the weight of some points or a certain region on the curve?

Thanks!

Image.png
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Fit Curve, weight of a certain region

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom
@surfactant,

I'm not very familiar with this command, as I've not had much of a need for it, but I don't see how NX can do this given how you're choosing to fit the spline - then again, you show a menu that is collapsed and that has information that affects the response to your question.

I would guess that if you're using a curve as the Target, then you're not going to have the option to affect the output curve - don't you feel it makes sense that if points were the Target, then you might be able to do this?
Tim
NX 11.0.2.7 MP11 Rev. A
GM TcE v11.2.3.1
GM GPDL v11-A.3.6

Genius
Genius

Hi @TimF   Thank you for your comments! Yes, in some situations, the target is a group of points. I wonder whether it's possible to increase the fitting weights of some among the whole group of points.

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom
@surfactant,

The only way I could see you being able to do this is to increase the number of points in the area which you're trying to change - NX doesn't allow for "weight" input on a spline like that. For example, when you create a normal Studio Spline, you can't influence weight of the points or poles - but you can increase the number of inputs defining those entities.

Does that make sense?
Tim
NX 11.0.2.7 MP11 Rev. A
GM TcE v11.2.3.1
GM GPDL v11-A.3.6

Genius
Genius

Hi @TimF   Thank you for your suggestions! Let me try to copy those points in the region expected of high weight.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Surfactant,

You may add a point or as many as you need and then either weight by dragging them to make the shape better fit your purpose or simply make them constrained to the original curve should you want to follow an areal closely. Have a look at the attached video for details.

Best Regards

Fred

(view in My Videos)

Genius
Genius

Hi @Sandman  Thank you for teaching the use of Point Cosntraints in Fit Curve! Very helpful!