Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixing a circular redundancy

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

User has an assembly, that  he inherited from a former employee.  He has been breaking active wave links, but is still getting a circular renundancy message.  My thought is the circularity is using some other assembly to make the connection, or something.

We use Teamcenter, and have the Wave Control license for NX, but so far we have not found a good "map" to help define what is going on.  Any additional thoughts?

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1
3 REPLIES

Re: Fixing a circular redundancy

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

Did you check the relations browser? Any hints there?

Is the message specifically about wave links? I've seen assemblies where the components/subassemblies had circular component references (nothing to do with wave links). The usual troubleshooting process is to load the assembly "structure only" then open components one by one until you get the message. Take a close look at the component that caused the message.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @DaveK,

Review the user's NX syslog - it should list an indented cyclic structure (before the entry where the message was raised) which might help you identify what's causing the problem.

Regards, Ben

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

@BenBroad our reason for the "wave control" license, was to use the "Associativity Manager" for this type of thing, and so far it hasn't worked in the past.  Am I misunderstanding the use of this tool?  (I also need to get our license for it updated, IF it will be of use like this)

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1