Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flat pattern export - lines are not exported at the same height

Experimenter
Experimenter

When i export a flat pattern from NX sheet metal, and then open in say autocad - some of the lines are at different heights on the vertical Z - axis.

In the images atatched you can see a simple pattern, exported.

Note the inner circle hole is on a Z depth of 0 - where as the outer perimiter is 1.5mm higher.

How can this be changed?

3 REPLIES

Re: Flat pattern export - lines are not exported at the same height

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello @markp78,

Can you add some information.

• What version of NX are you using?
  • Explain how the part was constructed, for example, was the hole sketched at a different sketch plane to the tab? (It shouldn't matter of course)
  • Why are you exporting to AutoCAD and why is the Z height difference important?
    (Just trying to understand the impact)

If this is critical, I suggest you raise an IR and we can take a look at the problem for you.

thanks,

Dave

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Dave

Using NX12

The part was a sketched extrusion

The z depth is critical as we use a dxf for a 5-axis water jet. If the heights are different it can cuases the head to move up and down as it cuts.

I have since found that if I change the origin of CSYS to the same point as the selected face to flattern, it puts the curves on 0 height.

Is this the only way to make all curves 0 in height on a 2D export?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @markp78,

I am not aware of an issue like this.  Please take a look at the dxf attached that was created using the sheet metal tab command and top face selected (Z+3mm) and see if you get the same issue?

If you do, please raise an IR so we can look into this.

Dave