Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flattening and Forming

Phenom
Phenom

In the past the flattening and forming utility has moved around inside the different Mach bundles, been a seperate add-on, etc.

In NX 11, which licenses provide access to the Flattening and Forming tools? I'm not talking about sheet metal flat pattern. This is the tool to flatten surfaces and points.

9 REPLIES

Re: Flattening and Forming

Phenom
Phenom

I got it in Mach 3 with PDW.

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW

Phenom
Phenom
Sure hope it's in a lower level than that!
Thanks for the information.
I have an older functionality spreadsheet but it doesn't appear to include the Flattening and forming as a "module". So I can't tell where it's located. There is a line for Advance Sheet metal Design and it does show that it is in Progressive Die Design. But this is a common type function when you have to work with imported solids or sheet metal parts that don't have a flat surface on them.

Phenom
Phenom

This is what NX is calling in the Log file. UG_MODELING_FF_FLATTENING_FORMING

Phenom
Phenom

How many parts have you got to flatten?

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW

Phenom
Phenom

THe request is coming from my parent company (Aero/Defense/Auto). If you are offering to flatten them I appreciate the offer. Due to IP and NDAs I can't share. They will need to decide if there is enough business reason to upgrade a seat or purchase the floating Adv Sheet Metal module.

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

I have it in our "NX Mach 3 Prod Design" bundle. 

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1

Phenom
Phenom

Hmm. Maybe they pushed it down into the Standard Mach 3. That would be good!

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

One of our guys took the sheetmetal class right around the time NX11 came out, and I recall him saying the 'new' forming and Flattening would be included.

(I say 'new', because it reminds me a lot of the old flat pattern tool.)

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1

Phenom
Phenom

I'm fairly certain it is not in a Mach 2 license. That is what the user is currently using and getting licensing error message.