Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Follow fillet crashes occasionally...

Creator
Creator

Hi,

I can't find any reason for the behaviour described below, so any advice is greatly appreciated.

I created straight lines and tangent arcs like here:

2018-01-05_17h06_16.png

The lines and arcs can be suppressed by expressions. The curves are not parts of the sketch.

Then I use these curves as guide curves in "Swept" operation. When I use "Tangent Curves" and "Follow Fillet" options it works great. The guide curves goes smoothly along straight lines and arcs:

2018-01-05_17h12_29.png

The reason for suppressing the curves is to give different number of input curves to "Swept" feature.

After suppressing and unsuppressing these curves a few times, the "Swept" feature breaks. The reason is that guide curve gets a loop in this place and looks like this:

2018-01-05_17h11_54.png

I don't change anything in the meantime (except for suppressing/unsuppressing the features). The arc is tangent. I measured distances and angles between these objects and it looks fine. Does anybody have a suggestion on that?

The most confusing thing is that the error appears irregularly.

thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES

Re: Follow fillet crashes occasionally...

Phenom
Phenom

Ciao @WZ

I never had these problems, I've always used this option combined with the 'stop at intersection' option. Seeing your picture it seems that you don't use this option (stop at intersection).

Ciao

Re: Follow fillet crashes occasionally...

Creator
Creator

Cesare,

thank you for your answer. Using 'Stop at intersection' does not help unfortunately.

regards

WZ