Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force assembly parts to fully load?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I have an assembly I've been working on, and I noticed that when it first loads all the parts are partially loaded. Is there a way to force it to load the parts fully? I ask because this is assembly is being linked to a FEA code, and the code is having trouble updating the geometry.  I'm wondering if the partial loading is to blame and would like to try it with all the parts fully loaded.   

Thanks for the help!

7 REPLIES

Re: Force assembly parts to fully load?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
Prior to opening the assembly, select "File > Assembly Load Options", uncheck "Use Partial Loading", choose OK and then open the assembly.

Regards, Ben

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

That works, but I was wondering if there was a way to have the model do this by default (without me having to uncheck a setting).  Is there?

Thanks!

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
Add the bottum of the assembly load options dialog you can make your new settings default.

Ruud van den Brand
Pre-sales NX CAD
cards PLM Solutions

Siemens Phenom

As @ruud_vandenbrand mentioned, Use 'Save as Default' along with other options. Define and save file (Save to File) using the different load options as per your need so that later you can open it (Open from File).

asl.PNG

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@Ruud_vandenbrand wrote:
Add the bottum of the assembly load options dialog you can make your new settings default.

That worked.  Thanks!

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@ganesh_Kadole wrote:

As @ruud_vandenbrand mentioned, Use 'Save as Default' along with other options. Define and save file (Save to File) using the different load options as per your need so that later you can open it (Open from File).

asl.PNG

So "Save to File" will save your load options to a file for use in other assemblies?  That's nice!  Thanks for the addtional explanation.

Siemens Phenom

A quick note...
When you choose Save as Default, look at the status line at the bottom of your NX session.  It tells you where the load_options.def file has been saved.  For many users this will be something like:
Saved to file: C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX xx.x\UGII\load_options.def
If NX was installed as OS user: Administrator, it's likely that you won't be able to write to the above location.  In which case choose "Save to File" and save the load options to a location you are able to write to.  You can then set the environment variable UGII_LOAD_OPTIONS (as a Windows environment variable, or edit the ugii_env.dat) to point to your copy of the load_options.def.  E.g., UGII_LOAD_OPTIONS=C:\my_nx_files\load_options.def.  NX will load the saved load options, pointed to by the variable, each time the session is restarted.

Regards, Ben