Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From PATRAN to NX: 'results file is in wrong format' with no FATAL message in .f06/.f04/.log files

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello experts

I imported a .dat file (SOL 101 included) in NX 9.0 and run it using MSC Nastran. Then I got the 'results file is in wrong format' message when I tried to see the results after the running finished. I checked the .f06/.f04/.log files and found no FATAL message. I am feeling confused where the problem might be.

This .dat file was originally created using PATRAN and I have set PARAM POST -2 in order to get the .op2 for NX. I am wondering was the problem due to some other output settings that needed to be modified to be adapt to the NX environment?

I attached the .f04/.log files for your information. The .f06 was too large so I cannot upload.

Many thanks

Chao

3 REPLIES

Re: From PATRAN to NX: 'results file is in wrong format' with no FATAL message in .f06/.f04/.log fil

Phenom
Phenom
@Chao,

You'd probably get more looks and/or responses in the Nastran forum - this is mainly CAD. Go to the main menu and choose the Simcenter Community - you can probably figure it out from there.

Poor choice of community name, IMO.
-Tim

Re: From PATRAN to NX: 'results file is in wrong format' with no FATAL message in .f06/.f04/.log fil

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Tim -

They rebranded NX/NASTRAN (and possibly LMS / other analysis stuff) as "Simcenter"

Hence the forum name.

Wonder how long users will still call it NX Nastran - I still refer to NX as UG, and that's been ?15? years!

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Phenom
Phenom

@Ken_A,

Thanks for the info. I suppose my words were a poor choice themselves. CAD, CAE and CAM just seem obvious choices to me simply to steer folks in the right direction.  I'd bet those acronyms probably won't change as often as software names or suite names due to silly brilliant marketing schemes strategies. Smiley Wink

-Tim