Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GD&T Intersection plane indicator

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello everyone,

Using NX 11.0.2.7 MP7. I would like to place in Drafting the GD&T Intersection plane indicator, but I am not able to find it (see attachment). Am I missing something or is it avaliable as an update or in NX12?

Any support is much appreciated. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: GD&T Intersection plane indicator

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @Konstantine_G,

There is an enhancement to FCF in NX12 where indicator options are added. Please refer the NX documentation link, Feature Control Frame enhancements.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello Ganesh,

Thank you for the quick reply. I guess I will have to wait untill the next update in my company. The workaround in the meantime is making a dedicated sketch in the drawing. 

Regards,

Konstantin

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

@Konstantine_G, Instead of creating sketches you can give a try to Custom Symbols. You can place FCF on the snap point of custom symbol and it will remain associative as well.

Once you have placed the custom symbol and FCF is created on it(by picking the snap point), you can then stack the custom symbol with another FCF so that you will get the desired GD&T with Plane Indicator.

Unable to play video. Please try again later.
(view in My Videos)

Experimenter
Experimenter

@AmitT, I would not invest the time to create and maintain a custom symbol in our system, as we will be updating to NX 12 sometime next year and the demand is not that big. But yes, that is usually the way to have consisitency between drawings.