Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GM CREATING EGD&T - DESIGN RESPONSIBLE

Experimenter
Experimenter

I need to create a gm assembly Edg&t. Parts have been already uploaded to Teamcenter and approved by GM.  Does anyone have any suggestions how to create an Edg&t assembly drawing?   I know I need to establish datums, etc.  Using a current GM Egd&t as a reference, but not sure how to revise titleblock, .etc., assuming there are some functions in the GM toolkit, but don't know were.  Does anyone have a step-by-step suggestion? Thanks!

10 REPLIES

Re: GM CREATING EGD&T - DESIGN RESPONSIBLE

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor
Does the Document Library on GM Supply Power portal have any manuals that will help you?

https://gmsupplypower.covisint.com/web/portal/home

Regards, Ben

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks! I have a download copy of the GM GD&T drawing requirements, although the standards pertain to mostly 2d formatting. If there is anyone out there that works with this, I must be not using something in the GM toolkit, .etc.  Revising the 2d-drafting is not a problem.  The GD&T was done in modeling space using PMI GD&T notes(see attached), with saved views(EDGT VIEWS). I know how to save a modeling views for drafting, but don't know how to do the PMI 2d notes in modeling space. 

Hi @DMANSSSSS,

but don't know how to do the PMI 2d notes in modeling space

Assuming your using the Ribbon UI...
Select the Application tab and make sure PMI is selected.
Select the PMI tab and select "Note" in the Annotation group.

Add your PMI note to your model.

Regards, Ben

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

You might want to review the Help collection for information about adding PMI to a model view. Use this link to review the available videos that demonstrate how add PMI to a model view.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks! I'm having an issue trying to get the PMI to work.  For example, I should be able to click the feature control frame under PMI ANNOTATION. The attached picture has a PMI from a video, which is correct.  under my PMI ANNOTATION I try to add it and its not there.  Then I try to add it, although I can't find it, where it should be.  Any suggestions? Thanks

That's odd. It's almost as though you have stuff missing from your install (as the commands aren't listed in your customize dialog). I wondered if you had used the "Custom" option when installing NX, but I don't see a PMI option when modifying my install. Did you install NX yourself? If so, did you choose the "Typical" option? What kind of license do you have?

Regards, Ben

Experimenter
Experimenter

Found the same problem with with another user here, when I looked at their settings.  I didn't install it, so I'm assuming its a license issue or NX was installed incorrectly, see attached for our licensing bundels.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Looks like reviewing other forums, .etc.  Need to have geometric_tol in the NX license bundle.  When I review the 2 license options I have in NX9, I don't see geometric_tol in the license bundle.  Can someone confirm that i need geometric_tol to run PMI, which is why i don't see the correct PMI options from my previous PMI pictures? Also see attached picture.

Phenom
Phenom
I would suggest calling your NX sales rep or reseller and telling them what you need to be able to do in NX and then they can probably suggest a license bundle. Advanced Designer Bundle has been around for ages and while it covers the majority of the basics, you can possibly get more bang for your buck with some of the newer bundles, like the Mach series.

Doing things a la carte can sometimes be more expensive in the long run.
-Tim