If anyone is interested in this enhancement, just ask GTAC to be added to ER#7919059.
* Short Description of desired enhancement: <Problem rather than a solution>
- If dialog windows are positioned on the right hand side of the main NX window, their anchor is still the top left corner of the dialog window.
* What activity in your process is the product not able to currently handle?
- Keep the entire dialog window visible if it is positioned on the right hand side of the NX main window.
* What result are you trying to achieve? (Please provide as many details as possible.)
- When the dialog window is positioned on the right hand side of the NX main window, dialogues with a bigger width than the regular ones are having their right part off the screen clipping the dialog window.
* Do you currently have a workaround?
- Move the dialog around to have it fully visible.
* Do you have a proposal for the solution you envision Siemens PLM providing for this capability?
- Allow the user to specify the dialog anchor to be at the top left or right corner. An automatic way could be possible too, if the dialogues center is left or right of the center of the NX main window.
* What is the level of productivity gained from such an enhancement?
- HIGH, keep the user from spending multiple hours a day to correct the position of dialogues.
* Other information:
With the support for multiple monitors most users have a dual-monitor configuration.
They also use the setting to display the resource bar on the second monitor, so they place the dialogues on the side near the resource bar, which is mostly on the right hand side.
They are now complaining about the dialog not keeping its position in respect to the top right corner of the dialog and main NX window.